How to Help
816th Engineer Aviation Battalion (EAB)Men | Forum
One of the first bases in Normandy, (A-3) with fighter-bombers operating from it on D + 8. Prior to this invasion-construction, the 816th spent 18 months in England building heavy-bomber bases and training. After Normandy came Le Mans, Cormielles (Oui, Paree), Belgium, Luxembourg and then Germany where eight S and E strips were completed in three days.Aviation Engineers in Mobile Warfare
- Military.com unit page
- History of Gosfield Village – site of Gosfield Airfield (Station 154)
- 368th Fighter Group History & Timeline – The 816th EAB built A-3, the first airfield used by the 368th F/G in France.
- Airfields Constructed by U.S. Engineer Battalions in Essex
- The Americans at Schleissheim (R-75), 1945 - 1995 – 816th EAB and the 925th EAR were at R-75 from May through September 1945
- U.S. Army. 816th Engineer Bn. 816th Engineer Aviation Battalion Passes in Review. Munich, Germany: F. Bruckmann, 1945. 176 p. #502-816.1945.